Friday, August 21, 2009

Remember that Windex commercial with the birds ….?

I’ve mentioned that we’re renovating the kitchen and dining area. There’s a sliding glass door on the way into the dining room from the hallway, but from what I can tell it hasn’t been closed in years. But since we cleaned the glass doors that go outside, and put a screen in so we can get a breeze and keep out mosquitos, we decided to start CLOSING the glass doors that go to the hallway. OK, remember that commercial where the birds fly into the glass because it’s so clean? Last night, as I walked into the dining room for dinner …. Wait for it …. I totally slammed into the glass door. Of course I made a comedy routine out of it and everyone had a good laugh at my expense. Well, over the next 24 hours about 7 other people did the same thing. At breakfast this morning FOUR people did it … and the whole room of about 25 people absolutely erupted every time. I’m still laughing about it. We kind of wanted to just leave it and let the comedy routine continue, but decided instead to do the safe and responsible thing and put a sign on the door so people would see it. I’m thinking we should take the sign down every Tuesday and have a few good laughs at each other as people crash into it.

1 comment:

Meg said...

Ha!! That is hilarious!