Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Menu!

I went out for dinner the other night! It was wonderful. I had mentioned the other day that I really missed being able to CHOOSE what I want to eat, instead of just eating what’s served according to the school schedule. And lucky me, the opportunity arose for a few of use to go out to dinner with a few of the board members who were in town. We went to one of the fancy hotels in town and sat by the pool outside under the stars. The place reminded me of my image of a Graham Greene or Hemingway novel – a mix of local people and foreigners sharing cocktails around wicker tables while impeccably dressed Haitian waiters run around cracking jokes and serving food. The menu wasn’t large, but it had Steak au pauvre on it and that’s what my body was screaming for … PROTEIN. It was delicious. So was the beer and the espresso ice cream we had for dessert. I go out to eat at least twice a week at home, and none of those meals ever tasted as good as this one.

1 comment:

Meg said...

Yum!!! I'd say I'm jealous, but after mom's stew and bread, I can't be. BUT, I'm sure it tasted amazingly good. (And less than a month until you get to enjoy mom's home cookin', too!)